Learn to make your own elegant brushes for home and shop use.
Whether you are just starting out or looking for a new way to apply a lifetime of woodworking experience, brush making is an exciting and accessible craft. Follow along at your own pace, with master furniture maker Aspen Golann as she shows you how.
This course has been created from a live zoom class.
As part of your registration, we will send you a Brush making kit that includes:
- Tampico Fibres
- Brass Tube
- Brush Blank
Anticipate 7-10 business days for shipping.
You'll need to gather a few items at your end that include:
- Drill or drill press with a 3/8th Drill bit
- Two squares (any size) anything from an old framing square to a Starrett will do
- Two mirrors (any size) that you can move around will do the trick
- Something to hold your handle steady while you are drilling: Vice OR Handscrew and clamps
- Shaping Tools
- Essential: Rasp (half round) and a File (half round)
- Very useful: Bench chisel (1”) and/ or a Small spokeshave!
- Tape – Just a piece of blue tape or colored electrical tape
- Sanding Sponge: Any grit is fine
- Sandpaper 80 - 320 is fine with a small block of wood for sanding
- Epoxy: Standard hardware store 5-minute epoxy You only need a small amount.
- Wood finish – your choice
You'll also need to print this PDF template: BRUSH TEMPLATE